Welcome to "Not Your Mother's" Book Club!! We've sifted through book after book after book (you're welcome) to bring you the sauciest, addicting, most riveting books of your life.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Paper Princess AND Broken Prince by Erin Watt



Stop what you are doing - I MEAN IT! Stop what you're doing and go buy these books RIGHT NOW.  That is how much I loved Paper Princess and Broken Prince - I am literally counting down to Twisted Palace's release in October... I may or may not have a countdown calendar stuck on my wall. You'll never know and I'll never tell!

Now that I'm thoroughly embarrassed - Let me share my obsession with you.  If you've read my previous posts - I'm a paranormal girl through and through.  I need a vampire or shifter or some kind of magic in my books to really, truly become obsessed.  But, the world of Contemporary literature is so much more intriguing than I originally thought.  Exhibit A, my friends.  The Royals series is NOT something out of a fairy tale.  These Royals are dark, hot, secretive and filthy rich.  Not only will they suck you in, but they'll destroy you in the process.  IT'S DELICIOUS.  Just trust me and buy the first book - you'll be crawling back for more, I can guarantee... and you won't be laughing at my countdown calendar anymore!

Final Scores:

Paper Princess
10/10 - I loved it - manipulation, intimidation, romance.  It knocked my socks off. I'll recommend this book until I'm blue in the face.

Broken Prince
10/10 - No sophomore slump here.  It's just as good as the first book, with more twisty plots than you can count!

Check out our playlists for Paper Princess and Broken Prince on Spotify!!

Quick Rundown

PP: These Royals will ruin you…
Ella Harper is a survivor―a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone. 
Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.
Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.
He might be right.
Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.Ella comes into the Royal's household and changed everyone, including herself.

BP: From wharf fights and school brawls to crumbling lives inside glittery mansions, one guy tries to save himself.
Reed Royal has it all―looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.
What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely―keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.
Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.
She might be right.
Secrets. Betrayal. Enemies. It’s like nothing Reed has ever dealt with before, and if he’s going to win back his princess, he’ll need to prove himself Royally worthy.
Rundown Over

Heat Index

4/5: This is a new adult book, so it's not fully erotic but it's pretty descriptive.  In some other reviews, the question of consent comes up - but I didn't feel like there was anything CRAZY where I was like "oh my, he's forcing himself on her".  Nah.  It's good.  REALLY good.  Like, I reread a few scenes multiple times because they were smoldering hot, and I ain't mad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment