Welcome to "Not Your Mother's" Book Club!! We've sifted through book after book after book (you're welcome) to bring you the sauciest, addicting, most riveting books of your life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Born Sinner by S.L. Jennings



There have been few and far books in my life where I finish the last page and my jaw is literally on the floor -- drool oozing everywhere.  Exhibit A: Born Sinner by S.L. Jennings.  Firstly - I am a HUGE S.L. Jennings fan.  The Dark Light series is phenomenal, so I had ridiculously high expectations for this book.  And, let me just tell you, it met every single one THEN SOME.  I'm adding another countdown calendar to my wall, ahem.. I don't have a countdown calendar wall...

If the stunning cover doesn't draw you in - let me drop a little knowledge on you.  S.L. Jennings is a force to be reckoned with.  Her writing is flawless, sexy and addictive.  She flawlessly drops pop culture references -- something I usually find distasteful.  AND she is a huge presence on her fan page on Facebook.  She cares so much, you guys.  It makes my black little heart beat for her.  Girl crush happening right meow, cats.

Final Score:

Born Sinner - Free with Kindle Unlimited
10/10: I'd give it 20/10 if I could - hell, I can! It's my blog! 20/10... be warned: there is a cliff hanger. It's to be expected when the listing clearly says "Volume 1".  And I can't wait for End of Eden!! Where's that damn countdown calendar at...

Quick Rundown

Eden, a grey haired babe living in the impoverished side of Chicago, has a deadly power.  One that is meant to bring death and destruction to the entire world.  Enter the Se7en: Seven immortals trying to keep the balance between good and evil on earth.  Their next target: Eden. Kill one to save millions.  The Se7en, instead, decide to attempt to save Eden's soul.  Eden is thrust into a world of sex, lies, and the dangerously sexy L.  Will she fulfill her destiny and scorch the earth?  We'll have to wait and see (damn cliffhanger).
"Twenty-two years ago, I was cut from a cold, sodden womb, and cradled in the filth and poverty of Chicago's concrete arms. Statistically, I wasn't supposed to survive these streets past the age of eighteen.
Fate had a different plan.
I was bred for one purpose and one purpose only: to unleash death and destruction on my world.
My thoughts are power.
My words are weapons.
Evil created me then grace tried to save me. But first... they tried to kill me.
They call themselves the Se7en. They are sin and salvation, and everything we've feared from the beginning of time. And their leader is the deadliest of them all.
He doesn't lose.
He doesn't compromise.
And most importantly, he doesn't distract himself with mortal weakness.
Not until me.
Kill one to save a million.
That's what he told me when he took me as his prisoner.
Kill one to save a million.
That's what he's been trying to tell himself ever since he took me into his arms."

Rundown Over

Heat Index:

4.5/5 - This is high new adult.  The chemistry between L and Eden is off the charts - with a twist that will wrench your little heart right out.  There is some seriously sexy writing in this book, but S.L. Jennings is always classy, my friends.  It's just the right amount of detail to have you writhing in your snuggie.

ADDED BONUS: Check out Syreeta Jennings on Spotify - her playlists are top notch and flow with the books perfectly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment