Welcome to "Not Your Mother's" Book Club!! We've sifted through book after book after book (you're welcome) to bring you the sauciest, addicting, most riveting books of your life.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Brawler by Scott Hildreth



Up for review today is a standalone 18+ romance novel by Scott Hildreth called Brawler!  First, let me tell you that I have a hard time getting into urban, everyday, non-paranormal books.  Why? Who knows... I find them cheesy and so unrealistic.  At least in a fantasy book, you know it's unrealistic.  With that being said, I adored this book.  Having never been a boxer myself, I couldn't tell you if it's an accurate portrayal of the professional boxing world.  But, I can tell you it's a damn good book.  I promise you - if you like erotica, you'll love this story.  I would highly recommend it - I'll be rereading for sure.  It felt so genuine.  So believable.  Heart wrenching and hilarious AND romantic - I dare you to find a book with all of that PLUS action, boxing, steamy sex and a list of characters that you'll completely fall in love with.

Final Score: 10/10 - I can't really find anything I don't like about this book!
BRAWLER  - Available on Kindle Unlimited!

Quick Rundown

Jaz, a poor waitress who ran away from home and never looked back, impresses a world class boxing coach when she beats the shit out of a thief trying to steal her backpack.  Her new trainer, Ripp, ushers her back into the world of competitive boxing.  She meets Ethan and they start a very kinky sexual relationship (including boxing each other during).   The story follows Jaz and Ethan in their boxing careers and love story.

Rundown Over

Heat Index:

5/5 - All of Scott Hildreth's romance novels are erotic with just a touch of kink.  This novel (I've read a few of his others), had just enough heat to make it really flow with the storyline.  It didn't feel like there were sex scenes just to have a sex scene, you know what I'm saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment