Welcome to "Not Your Mother's" Book Club!! We've sifted through book after book after book (you're welcome) to bring you the sauciest, addicting, most riveting books of your life.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Awakened by Brenda K. Davies



On the chopping block today is an 18+ Vampire romance book by Brenda K. Davies and first in the Vampire Awakening series!  But, all the novel in this series can be read as standalone novels.  I'll just jump right in and tell you I liked it until about half way through.  I thought it was going to be a GREAT story until the similarities to Twilight started popping up - and, let me tell you, the similarities were glaringly obvious and frequent.  HARD PASS.  There is only one Twilight... sorry bud.  Anyways - let me step off my snark box.  The book was well written and edited well (typos make me want to curl up and die).  The first half, like I said, was fantastic.  Interesting and complex and addicting.  Then, BAM, she finds out homeboy is a vampire (also annoying since 'Vampire' is in the freaking title of the book, ZERO element of surprise) and it's a steamy twilight.

Final Score: 5/10 - It was okay.
Awakened

Quick Rundown

Sera is in college and slowly recovering from a horrible experience in her past that involved a level ten douche of a boyfriend.  She is reserved and off standish until she meets the new heartthrob transfer, Liam.  They have a strange connection and he eventually tears her walls down.  After a murder, a scandal and Sera losing her virginity, the couple is hunted by Liam's creator - who is hellbent on having Liam for her own.

Rundown Over

Heat Index

5/5 - This is a graphic, erotically charged novel with strongly worded depictions of sex.  I felt the good bits were very well written and not such strong language that I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment