Welcome to "Not Your Mother's" Book Club!! We've sifted through book after book after book (you're welcome) to bring you the sauciest, addicting, most riveting books of your life.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins



I just finished Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins -- and this is me right now



I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!! Have I got you hooked yet? GOOD! Because, you are going to love this book.  I absolutely fell in love with Amelia's Fae Chronicles (Playing with Monsters is a shoot off of the Fae Chronicles, so read them first!)... and, you know what, I'm gonna say it.  I think this book is better! YEAH I SAID IT!  I think this story has so much damn potential as a series that I am kicking myself for reading it now when the second book isn't out yet.  I my humble, yet awesome, opinion -- this book is DAMN NEAR PERFECT.  It's got everything I love.  A sexy demon, a spitfire heroine, saucy banter, sexy as hell love scene, mystery, slow-burn romance, suspense, action... just go buy it already!

Final Score: 10/10
Playing with Monsters
I loved the world of the witches! Lucian is a big old mystery and Lena is a spitfire and someone I really connected with.  The whole story sucked me in and I. Need. More.  Right. NOW!

Quick Rundown:
My coven has remained hidden in the shadows for centuries.
We’ve avoided the ‘real world’ altogether; hiding from monsters
and other creatures we share this planet with.
We found protection in the Colville National Forest, nestled in a town protected
by magical barriers.
Our powers are locked by an ancient curse, one meant to protect us from being found.
Until now.
The past has a way of repeating itself. A new game is beginning. No one is safe.
He’s coming for me.
He’s hunting.
The monster we’ve run from for centuries has found us.
How far will this deadly game go?
How far will I be able to take it, or will he destroy me and everything I care about?
Will the one thing I can’t live without, be the key to destroying and undoing the past?
Or will the past destroy me before I can save the people I love from what I’ve done.

This is not your run of the mill, cookie cutter romance.  Lena is a tad naive.  Lucian is a tad, um, a huge a-hole.  This is an erotic book... you've been warned.  There are VERY sensitive themes in this book -- there is a warning at the beginning for a reason.  I, personally, wasn't bothered by any of it.  Because I have a tiny little black heart somewhere in my chest.  I felt like everything that happened in the book was important to the story.  It all fit for me.  I can, however, see someone reading this and not feeling that way.  READ the warning at the beginning of the book, for me, for you, just do it. 

Heat Index:
5/5: This is a highly erotic book (yes, please).  Half of it takes place in a sex club, so do I really need to say more?  I love Amelia Hutchins way of writing.  It's not smutty at all, but it is erotic AF.

No comments:

Post a Comment