Welcome to "Not Your Mother's" Book Club!! We've sifted through book after book after book (you're welcome) to bring you the sauciest, addicting, most riveting books of your life.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Crescent Chronicles - Alyssa Rose Ivy




First, let me tell you how much I love Alyssa Rose Ivy.  I have yet to read of novel of hers that I haven't loved.

Moving on!  The Crescent Chronicles was the first series I read by miss Ivy, and I've been a huge fan every since.  Why did I love it so much? First, all four books are quick reads.  I powered through these babies in about a day and a half each.  My house was torn to shreds, but I legit couldn't put down my kindle.  Another reason to love ARI - she doesn't waste your time.  There's none of this rambling internal monologue where you end up skipping to the end of the paragraph because it's full of crap you could care less about.  This series is full of romance, action, mystery, suspense, and twists after turns.  It's addicting and easy to fall in love with.

Final Score: 9/10 - loved every book!
The Crescent Chronicles


Quick Rundown!

Allie is working at her dad's hotel in New Orleans for the summer.  She's just been freed from her high school relationship and has no desire to start a new one.  Until she meets Levi (swoon alert).  Turns out Levi is special and Allie gets sucked into his paranormal world - leaving that intentionally vague so I don't ruin the books for you!

Rundown Over.

P.S.  These books only got better for me.  I loved the first book.  The second exceeded my expectations (doesn't it seem like book number 2's always nose dive?), and the third was probably my favorite of the three.  The fourth book (First & Forever) is the first book (Flight) retold through Levi's eyes.  I LOVE perspective change/companion novels, so I thoroughly enjoyed First & Forever.

Heat Index

A solid 3/5.  There is definitely sexual situations (I wouldn't recommend for under 18), but nothing graphic.  It's like this - we kiss, rip each other's clothes off and then chapter ends.  Still, lots of sexual banter - hilarious sexual banter.  You won't be disappointed!
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment